Saturday, December 27, 2008

34

Here I am, nearing 34 and realizing that I passed my sexual prime with NO PARTNER.

Don't ask how I did it, I just did. And I'm pretty damn bitter about it.

Sometimes I wonder if this is it, if I am destined to the life as a spinster after my sucky and failed attempts at marriage; and then I look at my fucking frumpy body and my opinion is sealed. That's it. Nobody wants me, 'nor will they ever want me, because even if I lose the weight, the extra skin will tell my tale.

Oh yeah, I know, anyone who puts that much stock in physical appearance is not worth it. BLAH FUCKING BLAH.

I put stock in physical appearance; and a man with a stomach flap would turn me off. Yes, it is superficial, but I am an animal, just as men are, and we want the people who have a proven history of taking care of themselves.

My history does not tell that tale.

Is this it for me? Will I never feel a man against my skin again?

It's been two years, can you fault me for overreacting a bit?

5 comments:

Constance the Super said...

I hear you and then I think--most guys are honestly just glad to be with a real live naked woman. And please, god, tell me that 34 isn't past our sexual prime. I'm staring down 35.

2 years is a long time, but it's not impossible. 34 (or 33) is YOUNG--even if it doesn't feel like it right now.

Anonymous said...

As long as reasonably healthy habits are in place and you're not significantly overweight, I don't think any normal man is going to be complaining. Like Super said, men are just happy to be with real live naked breasts and ass.

Pann said...

Lots of guys prefer larger gals.

I'm 35, 200 lbs, 5'7" - I get hit on even though I'm married. My husband finds me sexy.

Does it help at all to know that? If you are not finding yourself sexy, then that is a problem because it will likely translate to a lack of attractiveness to men.

I don't have any advice for you about finding a man, (since everyeone I know already has one, and usually they complain about them constantly anyway), but if you feel down on yourself, that's a sign that you should get some help. Therapy is wonderful, a gift to give yourself...
hope you feel lots better soon.

Cherish said...

I felt the same way until I joined an internet dating site where I put up pictures of myself. Within a month I had chatted with probably close to 100 guys. Ive met four in person so far and decided that they weren't for me but Im being really picky too lol. At this point, Im just happy to have the proof that men do find me sexy

ConstanceThe70th said...

You are not past your sexual prime. Fear not!